Tuesday 8 May 2012

Is That Ark Finished Yet?

Don't know about 40 days and 40 nights but I know its been ages since we had a dry day. At one stage my pond was threatening to burst its banks and my lawn was looking like a paddyfield! My next door neighbour has spent a lot of time out in his garden banging about with bits of wood he says its a shed but I think its an ark.
Its all added up to a nightmare as far as speedway is concerned. The latest story doing the rounds is that The Admiral will be back from Oz with a shiny new Visa in October just in time for the start of the Premier League season!
27 heats over Bank Holiday was at least something I suppose. Apart from the fact that its now official that you can't do a practice start facing the wrong way and of course we won Saturday only produced a couple of memorable moments. Talking to Jason Bunyan afterwards I think even he was surprised with what he achieved in Heat 12. Looked a definite fag paper job from the commentary box or Film Suite as Craig is calling it these days. Must also say hats off to young Norman (Jason Garrity; come on that flat cap only needs a prat fall and Len dressed up as Mr Grimsdale) how he accepted the seasons strangest exclusion I saw him deep in conversation with Dave Robinson afterwards and both were laughing which was nice.
Unfortunately Monday turned into a damp squib not only because of the result. When race times are around the 64second mark you know somethings up. Fair play to all the lads for giving it a go though.
So this Saturday we pray for sun as the prodigal Robbo returns. Hopefully he'll have a good safe night and we'll go away with 3 points. As someone said as I was leaving on Monday "you can't believe there's anything left up there." I think I'll reserve judgement on that one until 10 o'clock on Saturday!
Up the Rockets!
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment